Sunday, August 1, 2010

Living For It

I want to change my url (help??).. but I don't know how to. haha oops. Oh well.. So I'm going to try and get more regular on this. I kinda keep forgetting I have it.

This week I went to trek :) It was so so so amazing. just what i needed. I miss my family so much.. i want to be talkin and hangin out with them all the time :( They really helped me a lot and I don't remember ever havin such a spiritual high. I started crying last night for no reason at my friends house and I think its cuz the Spirit just isn't as strong anymore.. I'm going to try as hard as I can to keep the feeling I had at trek with me all the time. It's going to be hard but I was just soo much happier :)
So at trek we all got different names (which was hard! cuz I had to try and learn two names for all these people I'd never even seen before! haha) Our ma and pa picked Snow for our last name and we were going to have 'cold' names to try and keep cool haha. My name was Blizzard :) haha I kept thinking of DQ... yumm...
My Trek Family:
Ma and Pa Gilbert (Ma Crystal and Popsicle)
Katie Kitchen (Igloo)
Marco Rebaza (Slushy)
Thack Archuletta (Mr. Freeze)
Pere Le Sueur (Sleet)
Carver Nichols (Santa)
Joseph Richards (Jack Frost)
Spencer St. John (Ice Cube)
Laurel Horsley (Snowflake)
Sheila Guest (Frosty)
Cassie Quist (Rudolph)
Everyone was soo great :) our family just wouldn't have been the same without them. I feel so close to all of them.. like they really are a second family i have. My testimony grew so much. A lot because of things my family said (and other people too). Katie is like my best friend ever :) Its kinda weird cuz she's almost 15 and i'm almost 18 but I feel like we're the exact same age.. well more of like just age didn't even exist. I love her <3
One night Marco, Thack, Katie and I stayed up late outside talking. We talked about a lot of stuff. One thing we talked about was having good friends. and having the courage to stand up for the stuff that we believe in. And always doing what we know we should so we have the Spirit with us. Our trek theme was Live For It! Thats definitely my new goal.. to always live for it. Many people say they'd die for the Gospel or for Christ.. but its so much more to LIVE for it. Its every little simple thing in everyday. Then, not only do you help yourself be more happy and more in tune with the Spirit, you are an example for others. I just had such an amazing time and made a lot of life changing decisions. Hopefully I can keep those promises to myself and become a better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment